THE SAMSUNG QLED + GAMING SOCIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- SWEEPSTAKES: The Samsung QLED + Gaming Social Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at the start of the Twitch livestream and ends at 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) or whenever the Twitch livestream ends on November 17, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of date of entry (“Entrant”). Employees of Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Wunderman Thompson, LLC, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., and its parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development, evolvement and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively “Sponsor and its Administrators”) and the immediate family members of each, are not eligible to participate or win. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner.
- HOW TO ENTER: At the start of the Sweepstakes Period, the Sponsor will host a livestream on Twitch. At Sponsor-selected times throughout the livestream, the Sponsor will make various posts announcing the different prizes in the Twitch stream chat and on Twitter from their official Twitch (smsng.us/Twitch or https://www.twitch.tv/samsungus) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/samsungus) accounts, (each, a “Prize Announcement”). The Sponsor will announce during the livestream when the Prize Announcements are made. To enter, watch the livestream and follow the instructions in the Prize Announcement to tweet appropriately about the Prize Announcement with the livestream URL (smsng.us/Twitch or https://www.twitch.tv/samsungus) and hashtags #QLEDecode and #sweepstakes to receive one (1) entry (the “Entry”) into the corresponding Prize Announcement’s random drawing for the announced prize(s) only. You must submit your Entry for each Prize Announcement by the deadline indicated in the Prize Announcement in order to be eligible for that Prize Announcement's prize(s) only. You must watch the livestream to submit an Entry. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person per Prize Announcement. Entry must be 280 characters or less and include the hashtags and livestream URL and tag to be eligible. You must have a Twitter account to enter. If you do not have a Twitter account, and you would like to create one, visit www.Twitter.com. You must have your privacy settings set to “public” to enter. By entering, you are granting the Sponsor and/or its agencies permission to use your name and Entry (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) to be posted online for consumers to view on platforms that may include Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, Reddit, Discord and other Sponsor-selected sites, in their sole discretion. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or containing unsuitable text, in Sponsor’s sole discretion will be disqualified. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, includes references to sex, nudity, acts of violence or acts that may cause harm, contains any proper names, third party materials (other than Samsung-owned), or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, sexual in nature, or is otherwise objectionable, will disqualify the Entrant as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on any websites). Normal Internet access, phone/usage charges imposed by your online/phone service will apply. All Entries become property of the Sponsor. By entering, you understand and agree that your Entry may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion), 1) be posted online for consumers to view on the Samsung Facebook Page, Sponsor’s Social Media sites or other Sponsor-selected sites; 2) be distributed across social media channels. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any posted Entries, in its sole discretion, even if the Entry has already been made available to the public.
- WINNER SELECTION: On or about November 19, 2020, there will be a Sponsor-selected number of random drawings (one for each Prize Announcement, which corresponds to one of the following Prize levels: Grand, First, Second, Third and Fourth Prize). The exact number of random drawings will depend on how many Prize levels are announced during each Prize Announcement. Each drawing will be from among all eligible Entries received for that Prize Announcement only. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner, one (1) First Prize winner, three (3) Second Prize winners, five (5) Third Prize winners, and ten (10) Fourth Prize winners. The random drawings will be conducted by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received for each Prize Announcement. Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable. Winners’ social media profiles must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image. Winners and all Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release and forever discharge, covenant not to sue, and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development, evolvement and execution of the Sweepstakes from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of the prize awarded, or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prizes.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): A Sponsor-selected 75” Samsung QLED television, an Xbox Series X, a Samsung Soundbar (model HW-Q800T), and a $1,350 check made payable to the winner to be used to help offset taxes (ARV: $5,000). First Prize (1 total): A Samsung Soundbar (model HW-Q800-T) and a $250 check made payable to winner to be used to help offset taxes (ARV: $1,149.99 each). Second Prize (3 total): An Xbox Series X (ARV: $499.99 each). Third Prize (5 total): A Cyberpunk 2077 Bionic Arm (ARV: $60 each). Fourth Prize (10 total): A $250 Best Buy gift card. Limit one (1) prize per person. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names, likenesses, and Entries/Tweets on Twitter for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. No transfer or substitution of prize permitted. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the prize with one of comparable or greater value. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s discretion.
- GENERAL RULES/WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified via a DM from @SamsungUS to winner’s Twitter handle and will be required to follow the instructions in the DM within twenty-four (24) hours (including weekends) of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Potential Grand and First Prize winners will then be required to sign and return, a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability Release, and except where prohibited, publicity release and assignment of rights (“Declaration”) within twenty-four (24) hours of notification in order to be confirmed as a Grand or First Prize winner. If potential Grand or First Prize winner fails to return the completed Declaration within twenty-four (24) hours, Declaration is returned as undeliverable, Entrant shall be deemed to be ineligible, the Grand or First Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand or First Prize winner will be selected. Prizes will be delivered within 6-8 weeks after winner verification. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate prize winner may be selected. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Sponsor and its Administrators are responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of any site; violates these Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account submitted at the time of Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. "Authorized account holder" of a Twitter account is defined as the person who is responsible for joining Twitter and who manages the e-mail address associated with the Twitter Account. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of the Sponsor. In such event, Sponsor would select the Prize winners in random drawings from among all eligible Entries received per Prize Announcement prior to cancellation. Prize winners and all Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators, Epic Games, Inc., and each of their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or Prizes awarded. Prize winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of any Prizes awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the Prizes. Void where prohibited and subject to all federal, state and local laws. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or the Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event, attorneys’ fees. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
- WINNERS: For the names of the Prize winners, available after December 15, 2020, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by December 31, 2020, to: The Samsung QLED + Gaming Social Sweepstakes - Winners, 100 Marcus Dr. (Dept. DE), Melville, NY 11747.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Samsung Electronics America, Inc., 85 Challenger Rd, Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660.
This Sweepstakes is in no way connected to or affiliated with the QLEDecode Contest.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and not to Twitter. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are selected as a winner.